I'm am actually addicted to running? I used to think running was so stupid. I thought it was so simple, hot, boring, and took way too much time. I'm not sure why I changed my mind, but I am sooo glad that I did because I now love it! I've been running daily for 3 months. I'm not gifted in this area (short legs) but I have increased my run from 1 mile to 2.5 miles in that time period. I really am not concerned with distance, calories or times..as long as I know that I am pushing myself. And based on the sweat, I am! I have a heart rate/calories/time monitor that wraps around my waist, so I can make sure I am pushing myself as well. Maybe running is boring, because this post is pretty boring, but I love it! Getting a half hour to myself, soaking up the sunshine...alone...has it's restful benefits too. I'm not sure how long I will stick with this, but I am going to ride this new addiction as long as I can! Why did I pick this picture? -Because these are my AWESOME running shoes! I apparently pronate my foot as I run (not good). And because I am bowlegged with crazy toes, the Feet Fleet Crew were quite interested in my feet. I think they liked them, but I just wanted some great shoes! The verdict: these (awesome pink and silver) shoes, and some inserts that keep me straightened out. I've been using them for 2 months now, and they took away all aches and pains. And did I mention, they are pink and silver?!Wednesday, August 12, 2009
Running is not stupid.
I'm am actually addicted to running? I used to think running was so stupid. I thought it was so simple, hot, boring, and took way too much time. I'm not sure why I changed my mind, but I am sooo glad that I did because I now love it! I've been running daily for 3 months. I'm not gifted in this area (short legs) but I have increased my run from 1 mile to 2.5 miles in that time period. I really am not concerned with distance, calories or times..as long as I know that I am pushing myself. And based on the sweat, I am! I have a heart rate/calories/time monitor that wraps around my waist, so I can make sure I am pushing myself as well. Maybe running is boring, because this post is pretty boring, but I love it! Getting a half hour to myself, soaking up the sunshine...alone...has it's restful benefits too. I'm not sure how long I will stick with this, but I am going to ride this new addiction as long as I can! Why did I pick this picture? -Because these are my AWESOME running shoes! I apparently pronate my foot as I run (not good). And because I am bowlegged with crazy toes, the Feet Fleet Crew were quite interested in my feet. I think they liked them, but I just wanted some great shoes! The verdict: these (awesome pink and silver) shoes, and some inserts that keep me straightened out. I've been using them for 2 months now, and they took away all aches and pains. And did I mention, they are pink and silver?!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment