Love it, love it, love it! I have never been one of those adamant iPhone people. To be honest, they never interested me because I was so happy with my full-keyboard verizon envy (which is a great phone btw). Then it happened. Dover sat me down in front of my laptop, and clicked play. I watched the new iPhone demonstration. Within two days, I was up to admitting it-I wanted an iPhone. The thought of wireless on my phone excited me. My keyboard attachment/fear was calmed with the landscape flip touchscreen keyboard. My new desire for an iPhone increased when I saw my parent's new iPhones and saw all of the new possible apps. Well, I finally got one! It is practically a phone-sized laptop with access to anything I might need/want to do. Since I have been on both sides of interest/disinterest in these phones, I thought I'd blog my pros and cons about it. There are not many cons and to be honest, the pro's overshadow the cons in every way possible, but to be fair, I will mention them.Pros- there are really too many to list!
1. The ability to check my email, facebook, blog, twitter, or anything online in a matter of seconds. Dover explained to me that the "3g" part of this phone is basically the ability to connect online, anywhere to these major (router) towers set up all over the world! Meaning, I can get online, anywhere, anytime, from my phone. This is what the additional $30 per month pays for. And believe it or not, it is super fast-like, my home laptop fast!
2. I love the calendar feature. Dover and I synced our phones' calendars, so that all of his and my stuff end up on one calendar on my phone.
3. I can sync with my facebook so that everyone's profile pics are on their numbers and their birthdays are automatically in my calendar, etc.
4. The games are so fun!
5. The simplicity of syncing with my itunes folder for photos, music, ect. I can easily get any song for my ringtones. Did I mention it is also an ipod?
6. I love the weather app that always tells me the forecast of the day/week.
7. The option to copy/paste info and photos is great.
8. The option to maximize the view of each loaded page (by stretching it with my fingers) is really genius and super cool.
9. Favorite apps? google, aroundme, facebook, twitter, firstclass, calendar, AIM, olive tree bible search, and weather. I haven't really shopped apps yet, so I am looking forward to getting some more great ones.
10. Speaking of apps- there are some awesome games! I love sneezies (high score 5900 challenge) and arcade bowl (high scores 390 classic and 2610 progressive). There are games where monkies pee, tossing/shooting paper wads into trashcans, anything you can imagine: just mindless fun.
Cons-
1. Keypad Flip. Although the touchscreen keypad does flip for most apps, it doesn't for all apps. Also, it is sometimes difficult to get it to flip in the apps that it is supposed to flip in. I don't know if there is a valid reason for this, but I have noticed it. It'd be nice if there were a touchscreen button that would flip the screen instead of it trying to read how you are holding the phone. That would ease the confusion in trying to figure out which apps will flip it, and when it is not accessible.
2. Battery Life. It's no wonder, with all I do with my iPhone, the battery life isn't as long as my previous phone. It's understandable, but extended battery life is always something to improve upon. The battery is lasting me one full day+, with all the games/apps I use. Also, these batteries cannot be replaced. Meaning, if it is damaged, I'd have to buy a new phone. I've also been informed that the battery is best charged from my laptop, instead of my wall outlet-and that it is best only to charge when it is quite low, almost dead. I'm sure the reason for this is to extend the actual life of the battery, but not always convenient. I don't have a car charger yet-not sure why? All of my previous phones came with one.
3. The iPhone does not allow picture text messages. It has a super easy way of emailing photos directly from your album, or uploading them to twitter/facebook. In October, they are adding the picture text message option, so that will be available soon.
Cons-
1. Keypad Flip. Although the touchscreen keypad does flip for most apps, it doesn't for all apps. Also, it is sometimes difficult to get it to flip in the apps that it is supposed to flip in. I don't know if there is a valid reason for this, but I have noticed it. It'd be nice if there were a touchscreen button that would flip the screen instead of it trying to read how you are holding the phone. That would ease the confusion in trying to figure out which apps will flip it, and when it is not accessible.
2. Battery Life. It's no wonder, with all I do with my iPhone, the battery life isn't as long as my previous phone. It's understandable, but extended battery life is always something to improve upon. The battery is lasting me one full day+, with all the games/apps I use. Also, these batteries cannot be replaced. Meaning, if it is damaged, I'd have to buy a new phone. I've also been informed that the battery is best charged from my laptop, instead of my wall outlet-and that it is best only to charge when it is quite low, almost dead. I'm sure the reason for this is to extend the actual life of the battery, but not always convenient. I don't have a car charger yet-not sure why? All of my previous phones came with one.
3. The iPhone does not allow picture text messages. It has a super easy way of emailing photos directly from your album, or uploading them to twitter/facebook. In October, they are adding the picture text message option, so that will be available soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment