Saturday, July 11, 2009

A few funny things that happened on vacation...

We are officially home, and although I wish vacation lasted longer (always), it is good to be home. I was laughing (to myself) on the way home from church tonight about a few things that happened over the vacation, so I thought I would share them.

1. When I was climbing back into the car at publix, from a quick run-in...Dover wasn't paying attention and took off while I still had one foot on the ground and one foot in the car. Thank goodness, he realized what was happening quickly, so no one (meaning me during..and him afterward) got hurt. All I could do was look at him with my mouth open, like, you did NOT just do that! He said, "sorry, I wasn't paying attention and I thought you were in." Then we had to laugh it off.

2. When I was in the restroom at Pineapple Willie's, in the middle of changing Mason's wet (thank goodness) diaper, some stupid chick turned out the lights as she left. This was a huge restroom, and my son's pants were 1/2 way down without his diaper on. I had to find my way around a public-eww-bathroom in the pitch black dark. I had NO idea where the light switch was, hit my head on an open stall door, and all the time I am trying to keep Mason convinced that everything is okay, while his pants are down. This wasn't so funny at the time, because I was scared that some nasty man had snuck into the bathroom and was going to grab us! Needless to say, I found the stupid light switch and diapered up my child. I could have smacked whoever did that. I don't see how someone could make that mistake, since it goes dark and Mason and I were having a loud conversation with each other when it happened. I think maybe someone was trying to be funny. I have some words for that someone :/

No comments: