Sunday, June 7, 2009

Can I have my day back, please?

We are exhausted. I was super excited about our family photo shoot this evening and we spent the morning shopping for the occasion. The problem is that I have a bad cold and Mason has one too. Well, today, his went from 'not so bad' to 'really bad'-just before the photo shoot. Poor thing can hardly talk. He has no fever (thank goodness) but he just isn't himself. Well, we still had the photo shoot and if you can imagine, a sick two year old is not going to cooperate with still poses. Thank goodness, the photographer has a two year old and was so patient with us. The photographer was amazing, but when you include the heat, humidity, bugs, and a sick 2 year old...it is nothing less than a disaster. Mason wouldn't cooperate a bit. He kept hitting me and Dover (which is NEVER allowed) and his nose kept running. He cried....cried...screamed...cried. I think Josh was able to get a few smiles from Mase because Emmy was acting silly in the background. In retrospect, I should have rescheduled the shoot. My attempts to be polite and not cancel, last minute, only ended in misery for everyone involved. I hope we get some good pictures, because we sure worked hard for them! Mason perked up after we stopped trying to get him to cooperate. Anyone who has children knows that you simply cannot ask for much from a sick child who doesn't feel well. Although we drew a line at him hitting us (spanked), you just can't expect them to be anything less than cranky, moody, and needy. I told Dover that Josh will probably never book our family again, if first impressions mean anything. The sad thing is-today was the most awkward, out-of-step day for us. My sweet Mason is such a joy, and I found myself constantly apologizing, telling Josh that he isn't usually like this, haha. Oh...the ups and downs of parenthood.

No comments: