Saturday, August 15, 2009

Devastated

You know those hormones I was talking about yesterday? Yeah, well, they left me feeling devastated yesterday. I went to the park to run, wrapped up in my heart rate monitor and ready to figure out this stupid 140 heart rate thing...it can't be done. I was so upset. To run everyday for the last 3 months, only to be told that I have to hang it up for 10...devastating. Fortunately, the thought occured to me to call my old personal trainer. (thx for the idea God! I credit you for that one.) Nora was so kind to speak to me and told me that walking really fast will do the exact...exact things walking will do and that although it will take longer, there is absolutely NO need to run over walking unless I were trying to build my endurance for something. She told me to walk the same distance as usual, just really fast. It's gonna be kinda embarrassing to speed walk with the old folks at the park, but I know that if anyone knows...Nora does! There is a lot of contraversy as to whether or not 140 heart rates are the necessary number for baby, but although I don't think 165 harms me or him (yes, I said him)...it's not worth any chance. So, if anyone tells you of a girl walking at the park...screaming to everyone she passes that she'd be running if she weren't pregnant-they may be talking about me. I'm gonna miss it soooo much!
Today, we told our parents about the upcoming April arrival and both sets were very excited! With that, the announcing is official! We are going to have another sweet baby everybody!

1 comment:

The Dovers- said...

Ps- found out... Run at 6am and heartrate is significantly lower! My goal is to average my hr in the 140/150 range. It can be done! I can run!