Friday, March 13, 2009

Don't Talk To Strangers


So, I sent a pic of last night's sushi to my twitter account. I thought I had my security settings set so that only followers can see and reply to my account. I block anyone I don't know that follows me. ("follows" means they can see your status.) So last night some guy says, "I love shusi."

A. How did he see my status? (He is not on my following or follower list)
B. How did he reply? (I can't reply to tweets unless they are following ME.)
C. Why can't he spell sushi? (maybe most important.)

It just weirds me out when I don't know someone, but if any of you know the answers my twitter questions, let me know. I have it linked to my FB account and Phone so I can't lock access to it completely. (and I hate googling for answers, myself.)

*REVISION* Thanks to Bethany! The mystery is solved. I think the answer is blog-worthy so you all can protect your accounts as well. To send a pic with my phone, the site twitpic.com is used. All my uploaded pics are publicly displayed until I log in to twitpic.com with my twitter account, click on settings, and check the box that says "do not show my updates in the public timeline." I am now officially protected! Remember...don't talk to strangers!

No comments: