
Twittering:
Twittering is the new conversation tool. In my opinion, it is much simpler than facebooking because it is mainly just a big status update-although it can be used for much more. You can update from your phone or online and can send pictures. I have found that twitter accounts have to be set up very carefully to maintain your privacy. Do you really want some creep knowing where you are going today?
1. Make sure when you set up your account, you go to your settings page and click the box that says protect my updates.
2. If you plan on updating your account with pictures/updates from your phone (you set this up via the settings, then devices tab), then you will need to also log in to http://www.twitpic.com/ with your twitter account information. Once you have logged into twitpic.com, click on settings and make sure you check the box that states Do not show my updates in the public timeline. This will keep your phone pics from being publicly displayed as you send them to your fellow tweets.
3. Be careful of whom you allow to follow your account.
4. And finally, remember that your status updates give out a lot of personal information. If you aren't going to monitor your followers to be only close friends and family (which I would recommend you do) try to leave out locations, times, and events.
Also, if you want your twitter status to automatically update your Facebook status, CLICK HERE (you may have to log in to your FB account) and add that application to your FB account. (it's free.) I am certain there is more information to be shared regarding Twitter-I will update this post as I learn more blog-worthy information. (I know, I know...I say "blog-worthy" a lot.)
Twittering is the new conversation tool. In my opinion, it is much simpler than facebooking because it is mainly just a big status update-although it can be used for much more. You can update from your phone or online and can send pictures. I have found that twitter accounts have to be set up very carefully to maintain your privacy. Do you really want some creep knowing where you are going today?
1. Make sure when you set up your account, you go to your settings page and click the box that says protect my updates.
2. If you plan on updating your account with pictures/updates from your phone (you set this up via the settings, then devices tab), then you will need to also log in to http://www.twitpic.com/ with your twitter account information. Once you have logged into twitpic.com, click on settings and make sure you check the box that states Do not show my updates in the public timeline. This will keep your phone pics from being publicly displayed as you send them to your fellow tweets.
3. Be careful of whom you allow to follow your account.
4. And finally, remember that your status updates give out a lot of personal information. If you aren't going to monitor your followers to be only close friends and family (which I would recommend you do) try to leave out locations, times, and events.
Also, if you want your twitter status to automatically update your Facebook status, CLICK HERE (you may have to log in to your FB account) and add that application to your FB account. (it's free.) I am certain there is more information to be shared regarding Twitter-I will update this post as I learn more blog-worthy information. (I know, I know...I say "blog-worthy" a lot.)
No comments:
Post a Comment