Tuesday, December 16, 2008

God's Way of Thinking

Romans 3:5 states that our unrighteousness brings out God's righteousness more clearly. Although this chapter goes on to dismiss any ignorant decision to sin to glorify God..I think I understand what God is trying to tell us. Only in our weakness can God show His saving grace. Only in the times that we would turn our backs on others, can God's love truly be shown as unmeasurable because He doesn't turn His back on those (or us, when we deserve it). Then, we understand that His ways are not our ways and His understandings are not our understandings (Isaiah 55:8-9). Trusting Him. That is all that He wants from us, that is the bottom line. That means trusting His ways, even when they aren't our own. Trusting His understandings, even when we can't possibly understand His forgiveness. I thank God that He is teaching me this. I guess I could sum it all up with one word-mercy. Mercy is something I struggle with in my 'see things black and white' perspective. My point is, if our unrighteousness brings out God's righteousness more clearly, then not just me..but other people's unrighteousness brings out God's righteousness more clearly. Because even then, He doesn't write them (or me) off, like I possibly would. This doesn't damper the consequences of sin, or excuse it. However, it does allow you to see Mighty God rising up in the midst of them. No one is unloved by Him.

"God, I trust you. I trust your ways. I know you are in control. I thank you for loving me even when I am undeserving. I thank you for showing your saving grace in the midst of my failures, and other's. I thank you that I can trust your ways and your understanding. And I thank you that you have a new plan and a new path with every wrong turn made. You ALWAYS provide a path to yourself. I know this because you have always made a path from me to you, even when I have made a wrong turn."

No comments: