Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Fall Break...Jobs...and Team Dover!

We learned this week that Dover gets a Fall Break! He will have a 4 day weekend beginning Friday! We have a lot planned on Friday; prayer meeting, chiro appointment, family lunch and Ladies Night of Laughter. Monday, we are possibly having dinner with a friend from high school (that we haven't seen in 7 years, or more), and his wife. Next Saturday, I will finally enjoy the Massage and Spa Pedi that the boys gave me for Mother's Day. Last weekend was filled with the Care Group Retreat, so I am looking forward to a long weekend with the boys (and college football).

Dover still LOVES his job at HH. He basically works two jobs, because he has so many side jobs scheduled every week. God has blessed us beyond our understanding, even in this economic crisis. We are so grateful!

I still LOVE my job at TDH (The Dover Household)! I am constantly looking at Mason, thinking of what I can teach him next. I am not so interested in teaching him to walk, count, talk...etc. Those things will come on their own. What I AM interested in teaching him is how to obey, respect, behave, pray, discover his talents, discover his purpose, love life...those are some of the things I want for him- things he wouldn't be learning in Daycare. For this opportunity, I am exceptionally grateful!

More than ever, Dover and I have realized our roles as parents. My role seems to be; the main disciplinarian, the snuggler, and the provider (of needs). Dover's role is clearly the playmate. It is the biggest help, when he comes home and plays with Mason for two hours! Mason loves it and I do too! Of course, Dover and I trade roles when necessary, but i am glad that we aren't both trying to do the same things. I think we are a great team!

No comments: