Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Seeking Advise

The hurricane threats for Florida have moved our vacation east. We are thinking maybe Myrtle Beach or Edisto Island?? Has anyone been to either of these? Can you recommend a place to stay? Or can you recommend another location? We need a tropical, family-friendly location without too long of a drive. Please comment here or email me if you have any suggestions!

1 comment:

Erin and Bethany said...

Hey Jana,

I've been to Myrtle Beach several times. It depends on the kind of person you are. The beaches are characteristic of atlantic beaches...they're just okay...but hey it is the ocean! Better than Percy Priest lake right?! The thing I didn't like about Myrtle Beach is how touristy it is. But, because of that there is never a lack of something to do. Plenty of golf and entertainment. But if you're going for peaceful then Myrtle Beach may not be my choice. Of course there are plenty of people that absolutely LOVE Myrtle Beach, its just my personal opinion.

I really ejoyed St. Augustine, Hilton Head, Outer Banks and those are all on the east coast.
Hope you find someplace you enjoy!

Bethany