Friday, November 27, 2009

Thanksgiving and Black Friday

Thanksgiving was not quite what we expected. Mason had an "all day melt down" at both our parent's houses, so that left us with a very stressful day. The food was DE-licious! We even fried our first (successful) turkey and are saving it for dinner one night soon. I think we deserve a Thanksgiving do-over anyways. The night was even worse, as Mason's meltdown continued throughout the night (till 12:30). Mason is two. He goes in and out of different phases at this age, and we are riding this one out-standing our ground. Now for the really good part...Black Friday! On about 3 hours of sleep, this pregnant belly and I rolled out of bed at 3am and met up with Nana, Nichole, Kiley, and Emmy. I wasn't sure how I would do, or how long I would hold up, but thanks to a large cup of coffee and more than one Coke, I made it through the 12 hour shopping day! It was a blast! I did most of my shopping at Target (or all of it, rather), so I didn't have to carry any bags around with me...good for my back. It was fun helping Nancy and Mom shop (with their own money) for the good deals-and there were so many this year! We hit Toys R Us (not crowded at 5am), Target (madhouse at 6am), Chick-Filet (already out of breakfast) at 8am, and the Mall around 8:30 (till 1:30). We finished the day, relaxing at Wild Ginger, and crawled through the door just past 3pm. It was my most successful Black Friday in that I spent the least amount of money, got lots accomplished, and survived with only some back pain. However, I should be fair in noting that my feet are killing me. We are nuts. And I love it!

No comments: