This past weekend was exhausting. We decorated the inside and outside of the house for Christmas (all but the live tree) on Saturday. The mantle, tabletops, side tables, countertops, bathrooms, front porch, and lawn are all ready for Santa Claus! Then on Sunday, (after my $$ saving grocery shopping trip), I met up with Gigi, Mom, Kiley and Nichole for some Christmas Village Shopping. Although I had to sleep all day on Monday to catch up on sleep from the busy weekend, it was a blast! I cut (way) back on my spending this year, so I didn't get much, but still enjoyed checking everything out and working on my Christmas spirit. I did get a few dip mixes, a soup mix, and a few ornaments-the admission was $8 and my one soft drink was $4.25! Ridiculous. I did manage to complete Mason's shopping last week for just $85 total thanks for coupons and smart shopping.
On a much heavier note, my Uncle Dale passed away yesterday. Please keep my Aunt Gigi and family in your prayers for peace and understanding. We have been praying over this situation for a long time, and God allowed my Aunt to spend so much time with him, by his side, during his hospital stay. I really sense God's comfort and peace when I witness my Aunt contemplating life without her husband. She is strong, but God is holding her up right now. She is certain that he is no longer suffering, and that he will meet her on the other side of this life. God is good, all the time.
The pregnancy is progressing perfectly. I feel the baby move every day now and that NEVER gets old! He has gone from pecking, to jabbing, to rolling. Dover even felt him one night! We find out in less than 2 weeks what we are having! My Aunt Gigi has promised to teach me how to sew if I find out that I am having a girl. (One more reason that having a boy would be easier.) Although tons of my friends are pregnant right now, I seem to be at the end of the line in due dates. Therefore, everyone else knows what they are having, are about to deliver, or already have! It's nice to watch them experience these moments first, because it gets me re-psyched about what is to come! 2nd trimester has been unbelievably great-just like my first pregnancy was! Please pray that the good symptoms continue!
No comments:
Post a Comment