Monday, April 6, 2009

Joey Combs Care Packages


My friend Heidi Comb's husband (Joey Combs) is serving our country in Iraq. He left his wife and (10 day old) daughter to fight for our freedom. Heidi and baby Harmoni are doing well, and so is Joey. We are putting together care packages to send to Joey. The boxes and shipping charges are already taken care of! All we need to do is fill them! I know, times are hard for some, and I am not just asking for things that cost money. One of the greatest items you can send a soldier is a thank you letter, a patriotic craft from your child/grandchild, a thank-you-video from your family, etc. We want to send as many care packages as possible. If you know Joey, you understand that any excess will be passed on to his fellow soldiers. I have attached a list of items that would be appropriate and desired. Please email me ASAP if you are interested in serving this cause. Every item, big or small...expensive or heart-felt, is appreciated! Once you email me, I will set up a time to collect these items from you. (Because this is NOT associated with Cornerstone Church, I cannot collect items at church.) We will then set up a date to fill and sort the boxes. I'd like to have these shipped out in the next couple of weeks, so please let me know if you are interested in helping. I need to emphasize that this process is NOT associated with our Church. It is much, much easier and faster to complete this process without involving a 3rd Party. Please get creative in your thinking, and let me know if you have any additional ideas or support. Let's show Joey and his family our appreciation and love.

Below is a general list of items. Remember, we are trying to deliver him some of the luxuries he misses from home, as well as items that are a necessity. Heidi and I came up with this list, but if you are aware of other items that would be appreciated, feel free to include them!

No comments: