Greeted with tulips from my boys, I started off my birthday morning with a massage at the spa. Then, we had lunch together, napped together, and enjoyed the afternoon outside for the beautiful weather that God made for my birthday! Tosha gave me the nummy cookies-n-cream cupcake in this picture.
What amazed me most about my birthday is how fabulous my friends are! Apart from my family, I consider my friends one of the best gifts God has given me. I cannot tell you how much I treasure each of them. And I love what each of them brings my life. Let me try to introduce you to them, best I can: (in no particular order)
Rachel A.- Weekly phone conversations. She is my sounding board for wisdom-with lots of pointless fun discussions in between.
Tosha- Tosha is always there when I need her, and our phone calls always last longer than intended. She may call for a simple question and we end up talking for an hour about random stuff. We have a lot of similar interests.
Of course, my birthday didn't reveal all of this, but I appreciated and enjoyed the sweet birthday wishes, gifts, cards, and calls from all these girls (and more). I remember a day when most of these relationships didn't exist and I feel so fortunate to have each and every friend-and the qualities they bring to my life. I LOVE YA'LL! Thanks for making my birthday feel so special and thinking of me. And I promise to be better about remembering everyone's birthday because everyone should have a day like I had!
What amazed me most about my birthday is how fabulous my friends are! Apart from my family, I consider my friends one of the best gifts God has given me. I cannot tell you how much I treasure each of them. And I love what each of them brings my life. Let me try to introduce you to them, best I can: (in no particular order)
Rachel A.- Weekly phone conversations. She is my sounding board for wisdom-with lots of pointless fun discussions in between.
Nay- I'm not sure why, but when I need to cry, Nay always ends up enduring my sobs. She always makes me feel better. And somehow, I know that she will always be there for me and will always love me -I am aware that I sound gay, but it is true : )
Tosha- Tosha is always there when I need her, and our phone calls always last longer than intended. She may call for a simple question and we end up talking for an hour about random stuff. We have a lot of similar interests.
Jill- Another mommy friend. We always end up having serious discussions in the salon chair, while people around us act like they aren't listening (I know that they are). Together, we are non-compromising and quite merciless. haha.
Rachel R.- Time with Rach is all fun. We can do anything together and have some fun with it. Her selfless concern for my family is always revealed.
Kara- Because we have spent so much time together, time with Kara is open, honest, and a place where I can let all guards down. Even though several states separate us, when we are together, it is like nothing ever changed. haha-once when she visited, we took a nap on the couch together.
Angie and Vanessa- Ah. I always say that I want to be Angie and Vanessa when I grow up! Although, I haven't much in the past...in the back of my mind, I know these girls are the ones I will call when I need prayer, direction and encouragement.
There are so many more: monthly lunch dates with Deb and Bethany, family dates with the Meisners, my play-date co-coordinator Angela, and all of my Facebook peeps that are serious forms of my social outlet. Not to mention my old friends that time hasn't allowed for me to entirely K.I.T with.
Of course, my birthday didn't reveal all of this, but I appreciated and enjoyed the sweet birthday wishes, gifts, cards, and calls from all these girls (and more). I remember a day when most of these relationships didn't exist and I feel so fortunate to have each and every friend-and the qualities they bring to my life. I LOVE YA'LL! Thanks for making my birthday feel so special and thinking of me. And I promise to be better about remembering everyone's birthday because everyone should have a day like I had!

No comments:
Post a Comment