Wednesday, November 5, 2008
His Promises Are Still Mine!
This morning, I am encouraged (with the help of friends) that God is still God. His promises are still mine--His Word is full of promises, and His Word has not changed. As I began explaining the election results to my son (just for practice), I realized we have to shift gears at this point and focus on praying for these new authorities in our life. We must make sure that we are reflecting God's light in the midst of this, and discipline our attitudes to properly represent God's children. And finally, we must continue to stand up for what is right. Who knew that a 16 month old would bring so much insight?! : )
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I am posting this comment for my friend Rachel. She posted this on my note on facebook. Our faith wasn't in the election, I think it is important to remember that.
Rachel Alsup wrote
at 12:44pm
I feel like as a country we had decided to let our money be our deciding factor. The bible says the love of money is the root of all kinds of evil.(1 Tim. 6:10) We've allowed policies that are completely against the word of God to take control. God isn't freaking out about America. He simply wants us to seek after Him and trust in Him. We should pray for our President everyday and be encouraged that we can trust in the Lord no matter what is going on! (Prov. 3:5-6)
I have the post election day blues as well this afternoon. I pray that God forgives our country once again for electing a virtually unknown man to run this nation. My heart is heavy for what is ahead. He has to come back sometime right?? That is my encouraging thought for the day. Boo...
Post a Comment