Friday, October 31, 2008

Ugh.

Dover and I had a long discussion last night regarding the election. It seems that so many don't understand the morals and ethics of the parties running. In fact, some are not even aware that Obama supports abortion, same-sex marriages, more government power over our children's schools, and re-distribution of money. Don't those who have worked hard to earn their own money and be successful..deserve to keep it? Should there be penalties for living the American dream and being successful? And don't they realize that if your boss gets more tax penalties..he can make up for it by cutting your wages, or your job? Is the issue war? I can't really shed more light on that since he wants to pull out of a war --that we are winning. I recently spoke with a friend of mine, who's husband was recently deployed, while her baby was only 8 days old. If she supports finishing this war..that says a lot to me. And I understand that many support Obama because of political policies that may benefit themselves. However, being a new mom, I am more concerned about the morals and ethics that will affect my child and his children, in the long run. Please don't consider this an Obama-bashing. (Just turn on the news if you feel like bashing McCain..and we will be even.) I get nauseous thinking that people are voting without morals and ethics in mind, first and foremost. It is my responsibility, as a Christian, to not only be educated when voting, but to vote for one that will steer this country towards God's morals. After all..we were founded on that. I realize that posting this is not politically correct. It is my conviction that submitting to political correctness got us into this uneducated mess to begin with (listening to what the media feeds us, and not being able to speak the truth). So, here is my Non-PC opinion.

Go to: http://www.votesmart.org/index.htm
to view candidate's voting records.
This website is not affilliated with any party.

No comments: