Sunday, October 26, 2008

Local FireHall Ministry

Cornerstone decided in 2008, we would put most of our ministry money into local ministry in Nashville. This month, the classes are taking money that they saved (by not eating the food normally provided for class) and putting it into a personal ministry. Our class is donating to a Local FireHall in Madison. We are taking $1600 worth of products/gifts plus more donated items and presenting it to them in appreciation of their service and sacrifice. Our care group is delivering their portion tonight. I hope they feel honored, because they put their life on the line for others every week. This touches me personally, because my brother, Jeremy, has been on the police force for seven years...you could NEVER pay them enough for what they do!

2 comments:

Courtney said...

I teach p.e. at Madison Creek Elem. and a very nice many named Rick Smith is donating some money for some of my kids to have tennis shoes for my class-28 pairs of Nikes! I went to Academy the other day and picked them all out. It was so much fun! He is from Cornerstone and I am so grateful he is doing this for us. He is also buying us some equipment and donating more money for kids who can't afford field trips and lunches. What a great thing you guys are doing. Thank You! :)

The Dovers- said...

Court-
That is awesome! I am so glad your school is benefiting from this. Thanks for sharing this!