I have always heard that we are to be salt and light. Yeah, yeah..never really thought about it. Recently, our Wednesday night teacher taught on this. She said that salt does three things. It is a preservative, adds flavor, and makes you thirsty...makes you thirsty! I get it! We are to be so salty with the things of God that we make others thirsty for him! We are to preserve God's truth and protect it from being deteriorated by the world, and we are to be a bold flavor that makes a difference in someone's life. This was taught 2 weeks ago, but I can't get it out of my mind. Lord, make me salty! Lord, send salty people to those that need you. (sounds weird, I know, but really cool if you think about it.) Her question was, "are you salt being poured out to the world, or are you just a good-looking salt shaker sitting on the table, not being used?" Lisa G. is so cute!
Tuesday, October 28, 2008
Be Salty!
I have always heard that we are to be salt and light. Yeah, yeah..never really thought about it. Recently, our Wednesday night teacher taught on this. She said that salt does three things. It is a preservative, adds flavor, and makes you thirsty...makes you thirsty! I get it! We are to be so salty with the things of God that we make others thirsty for him! We are to preserve God's truth and protect it from being deteriorated by the world, and we are to be a bold flavor that makes a difference in someone's life. This was taught 2 weeks ago, but I can't get it out of my mind. Lord, make me salty! Lord, send salty people to those that need you. (sounds weird, I know, but really cool if you think about it.) Her question was, "are you salt being poured out to the world, or are you just a good-looking salt shaker sitting on the table, not being used?" Lisa G. is so cute!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment